Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Heart Yoga


Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.
-B.K.S. Iyengar

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about balance. Recently I watched the movie eat, pray love (watch it you will love it!!) and I haven't been able to stop thinking about how much I am like the main character. If you have ever been through any kind of heartbreak you can relate. Julia Roberts learns how to create balance through friendship, devotion and meditation.

I love that yoga is a practice of quieting your mind. My entire life I have had a hard time balancing. It always seemed as if I were sucessful in one area of my life another would suffer. If you have never tried a yoga class before, it is much more than just a series of stretching exercises. Life is so fast paced that even when my body slows down my mind is still racing.

My favorite type of yoga is Vinyasa flow. It consist of a pattern of poses that glide and flow together with each inhale and exhale. If you live or are ever visiting nasvhille there is a wonderful yoga studio in green hills http://www.sanctuaryforyoga.com/ Here is a list of some of the benefits of yoga. Give yoga a try and teach yourself to balance your love life, friendships and your health!

-Namaste

1. Stress Reliever
2. Detox for your body- (works like a massage loosening the toxins in your body)
3. Weight loss! Your body holds a horomone called Cortosol that keeps you from losing weight especially in your midsection. This horomone is directly related to stress.
4. Balance- Yoga not only helps you learn balance in your body but also teaches principles that promote balance in every area of your life

1 comment:

  1. i love yoga too! and i loved eat pray love though the india part was my least favorite. lets just say i have severe monkey mind (or brain or whatever she called it)

    but anyway i would love to get serious with yoga.

    one day...one day.

    ReplyDelete